In addition to being a social communication platform, Discord can also receive notifications for various social media through third-party bots, allowing all members of Discord servers to stay updated on the latest news. This article explains how to use the FreshTok bot to receive the latest videos from a specified TikTok account.
Introduction to The FreshTok Bot
FreshTok is a very simple bot that can publish the latest videos from a specified TikTok account to a specified Discord channel. FreshTok automatically scans for new videos every 5 minutes, so the longest delay is about 5 minutes. In addition, users can track several statistics of a TikTok account, including the number of followers, video posts, and likes received.
The only downside to FreshTok is that free users can only track 1 TikTok account. If you want to track more accounts, you need to pay an additional $1 per account per month. So if you want to track 6 TikTok accounts, you will need to pay an additional $5 per month after using up the free quota.
Tutorial on Setting up TikTok Video Notifications
Step 1: Invite FreshTok to the Discord server
First, invite the FreshTok bot to the server by visiting the FreshTok website. The invitation process for all bots is the same, but note that you need to have administrator permission for the Discord server to invite a bot.
If you are not sure how to invite a Discord bot, this article “How to invite Bots to join your Discord server?” provides detailed instructions.
FreshTok official website
Step 2: Set up TikTok video push notifications
The FreshTok bot does not provide a web-based backend. All operations are performed directly by entering commands in the Discord channel.
Set the default channel for TikTok video push notifications
Enter the “/channel” command to set the channel. You need to enter the channel name in the channel space that pops up in the message box.
After successful setup, you can see the following message:
Push channel setting completed
Set up TikTok tracking account
Next, find the TikTok account you want to track, and enter the “/subscribe” command to set the channel. This command has a total of 8 options to fill in, only the first TikTok account is required, and the others are optional.
Set up TikTok tracking account
- Required option 1 – Creator: The TikTok account name.
- Optional option 2 – Channel: If the default publishing channel has already been set, this can be skipped.
- Optional option 3 – Role: The role tagged in the notification message.
- Optional option 4 – Previews: By default, previews are turned on. Whether to allow videos to be viewed in the Discord channel.
- Optional option 5 – Video: By default, video push notifications are turned on. Whether to allow video push notifications.
- Optional option 6 – Live: By default, live broadcast push notifications are turned on. Whether to allow live broadcast push notifications.
- Optional option 7 – Live_channel: The channel where live broadcast push notifications should be posted.
- Optional option 8 – Live_role: The role tagged in the live broadcast notification message.
After the setup is complete, the FreshTok bot will post information about the tracked TikTok account, as shown in the figure below:
TikTok tracking account setup completed
Remove TikTok tracking account
To remove a TikTok account that has already been tracked, enter the “/unsubscribe” command and select the account you want to remove.
Tutorial on Setting up TikTok Account Metric Tracking
This feature is suitable for use in Discord servers owned by TikTok creators. It can update account tracking data, video release data, and likes received in real-time on the channel list on the left side of Discord.
Displaying Counter Data
To set up, enter the “/counters add” command, which will provide 4 options for configuration:
- Option 1 – Creator: Only TikTok accounts that are already being followed can be selected.
- Option 2 – Channel: The selected channel’s name will become the TikTok account’s follower data.
- Option 3 – Metric: Currently, only three metrics are provided: TikTok account followers, video posts, and likes received.
- Option 4 – Prefix: You can set the text message to be displayed before the indicator number.
After the setup is completed, the specified channel name will become one of the tracking indicators, and the FreshTok bot will post a message indicating that the setup is complete.
Completion of the indicator data setup